Respect for your privacy is part of who we are. At iTalkYou, we strive to develop our services on a foundation of solid privacy principles.
Please also read the [[iTalkYou Terms of Service]] (“Terms”), in which we describe the terms that govern the use of our Services
Information that We Collect
iTalkYou receives or gathers information about our users when we operate and provide our services, including during installation, access and use of our Services.
Information that you provide
- Your account information. You provide your mobile telephone number and/or your email address to create an iTalkYou account. You provide us with the numbers in your mobile phone’s address book regularly, including the users of our services and the rest of the contacts in your mobile phone’s address book. You confirm that you are authorized to provide us with said numbers. You can also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile photo and status message.
- Your messages. We keep your messages during the normal duration of our services. Once your messages have been delivered (including your chats, photos, videos, voice messages, documents and location information), they are not eliminated from our servers. Your messages are also stored on your own device. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are disconnected), it is stored on our servers and is sent to the recipient once the connection is re-established. To improve performance and deliver multimedia messages more efficiently, such as when many people share a popular video or photo, we may keep said content on our servers for a prolonged period of time.
- Your connections. To help you organize the way in which you communicate with everyone else, you can create groups, allow yourself to be added to groups and distribution lists. Said groups and lists are associated with your account information.
- Customer service. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Services, including copies of your messages and about how we can get in touch with you so that we can offer you our customer service. For example, you can send us an email with information related to the performance of an application or other problems.
Automatically gathered information
- Registration use and information. We gather information related to performance, diagnostics and service. This includes information about your activity (such as the way in which you use our Services, the way in which you interact with others through our Services, and similar data), registry files, as well as performance, website, failure and diagnostic reports and registries.
- Transaction information. If you pay for our Services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from the third party or application stores that process your payments.
- Information about your connection and devices. We gather specific information about your device when you install, access, or use our Services. This includes information such as the hardware model, operating system, navigator, IP address and mobile network information, including the telephone number and device identifiers. We gather information about the location of your device if you use our location functions, as well as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, see nearby places or those that others have shared with you and likewise for diagnostic and troubleshooting purposes, for example, if you have problems with our application’s location sharing function.
- Information about status messages. We gather information about your status and on-line message changes on our Services, such as if you are online (your “connection status”), the last time that you used our Services (your “last connection status”) and the last time that you updated your status message.
- Information that others provide about you. We receive information that other people provide to us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users that you know use our Services, they may provide your telephone number from their mobile phone contact list (in the same way that you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to the groups to which you belong, or call you.
- External providers. We work with external providers that help us to operate, provide, improve, understand, personalize and market our Services, as well as offer assisstance for our Services. For example, we work with businesses to distribute our applications, offer our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, provide map and place information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These external providers may provide us with information about you in certain circumstances; for example, application stores may send us reports that help us diagnose and solve service problems.
- Third-party services. We allow you to use our Services in relation with third-party services. If you use our Services with said third-party services, we may receive information about you from them. For example, if you use the “Share” button in iTalkYou in a news service to share an article with your iTalkYou contacts, groups or distribution lists, or if you decide to access our Services via the promotion of a mobile phone operator or a mobile device provider. Keep in mind that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern the use of said services.
How we use the information
We use all the information that we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, personalize and market our Services, as well as offer assistance for our services.
- Our Services. We operate and provide our Services, which includes offering customer service, as well as improving, solving and personalizing our Services. We understand how people use our Services and we analyze and use the information that we have to evaluate and improve our Services, investigate, develop, and test new services and functions, as well as carry out activities to troubleshoot issues with our Services. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. We use [[cookies]] to operate, provide, improve, understand, and personalize our Services.
- Security. We verify accounts and activities, and we promote security inside and out of our Services, by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, as well as to make sure that our Services are being used legally.
- Zero third-party banner advertisements. We do not permit third-party banner advertisements on iTalkYou. It is not our intention to include them, but if at some point we do, we will update this policy.
- Commercial messaging. We will allow you and third parties, as well as different businesses, to communicate using iTalkYou, to exchange messages, such as order information, transactions, and appointments, delivery and shipping notifications, product and service updates, and marketing. For example, you may receive information about the status of an upcoming flight, or the receipt for something that you bought or a notification about the date of a delivery. The marketing messages you might receive may include an offer for something that might interest you. We do not want you to feel that you are receiving unwanted messages, which is why, as with all of your messages, you can manage these communications, and we will respect the options that you select.
Information that you and we share
You share information while you use our Services and you communicate through them, and we share your information to help us operate, improve, understand, personalize, give support and market our Services.
- Your account information. Your telephone number, email address, name and profile photo, connection status and status message, last connection status and read receipts may be available for anyone that uses our Services, although you can configure your settings in our Services to determine what information you want to be made available to other users.
- Your contacts and others. The users with whom you communicate may store and reshare your information (including your telephone number or messages) with others inside and out of our Services. You can use the settings and the block function in our Services to administer the users of our Services with whom you communicate and what information you share.
- External providers. We work with external providers that help us to operate, provide, improve, understand, personalize, and market our Services, as well as offer assistance for our Services. When we share information with external providers, we require them to use your information according to our instructions and terms or with your express permission.
- Third-party services. When you use third-party services that are integrated with our Services, these third parties may receive information about what you share with them. For example, if you use a data backup service integrated with our Services (such as iCloud or Google Drive), they will receive information about what you share with them. If you interact with a third-party service connected through our Services, it is possible that you are providing information directly to said third party. Keep in mind that when you use third-party services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern the use of said services.
Assignation, change of control and transfer
Management of your information
If you want to manage, change, limit, or eliminate your information, we allow you to do so with the following tools:
- Service Settings. You can change the settings of our Services to manage certain information made available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups and distribution lists, or use our block function to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Change your cellular telephone number, the name and photo of your profile, and your status message. You must change your cellular telephone number via our “Cellular Number” function on the website or in the application. You can change your profile name, photo and status message at any time.
- Elimination of your iTalkYou account. You may eliminate your iTalkYou account at any time (including if you want to rescind your consent for us to use your information) via the “Eliminate my account” function in the application or from the website. When you eliminate your iTalkYou account, your undelivered messages will be eliminated from our servers, as well as the rest of your information that we do not need to operate and provide our Services. Keep in mind that if you only eliminate our Services from your device without using the “Eliminate my account” function in the application, we may store your information during a longer period of time. Remember that when you eliminate your account, it does not affect the information that other users have related to you, for example, their copy of messages you sent them.
Legislation and protection
We may gather, use, keep, and share your information if we believe, in good faith, that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond according to laws or norms, to legal processes or applicable government requests; (b) demand compliance with our Terms or any other term and policy applicable, including for investigations of possible infractions; (c) detect, investigate, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activities or technical or security problems; or (d) protect the rights, property and safety of our users, iTalkYou, the Intico family of businesses or others.
Our global operations
Updates to our policy
iTalkYou Com LLC
1500 Weston Rd, Suite 200
Weston, FL 33326